NITEC18 – NCI Agency Industry Conference and AFCEA TechNet International – 22-24 May 2018 – Berlin, Germany
NATO’s Digital Endeavour: Expanding the Ecosystem
Organized in cooperation with the Federal Ministry of Defence, Germany, NITEC18 conference will bring together over 600 senior government, military and industry leaders, as well as defence and security experts.
NATO’s Largest Digital Transformation in Decades
The Alliance is currently undergoing the single largest modernization of its technology since the end of the Cold War. Success will depend on Industry understanding the context of this transformation.
Areas of Business Opportunities
Preview of bids NATO will be releasing in next 18 months, worth over 1.2 billion Euro:
- NATO integrated air and missile defence – over 200 million Euro, including upgrades to NATO’s missile defence test and integration laboratory;
- New competition of advanced software to support NATO’s troop movements and logistics – up to 100 million Euro;
- Information and knowledge management, administration applications – over 70 million Euro;
- Countering small unmanned aerial systems – 10 million Euro;
- Education and training;
- Update on competition for NATO’s cyber shield;
- C-IED technology for NATO’s Response Force.
- Preview of NATO’s digital transformation agenda, the largest in decades with multiple opportunities;
- Direct access to NATO programme managers
- Team up with industry partners for subcontracting opportunities;
- Specific opportunities for small and medium enterprises, academia, not for profit, including small business mentoring sessions and B2B ‘speed dating’;
- Workshops on NATO Agency procurement procedures, how to be successful in bids;
- AFCEA TechNet International exhibition;
Expanding the Ecosystem
NITEC 18 will also discuss new opportunities for academia, research institutions and not-for-profit organizations to contribute to NATO’s digital transformation. A specific panel and workshop will discuss a new framework that aims to facilitate collaboration, as well as specific areas in which NATO will be seeking to boost cooperation.
High Level Panel on ‘Competing for Talent’
The efficiency and competiveness of organizations are increasingly dependent on the skills, knowledge and creativity of their workforce. Tech skills in particular are in short supply. When organizations face skills shortages or mismatches, their productivity and innovation suffer. This is why a large and diverse talent pool, combined with the right recruitment and human resource policies and practices are essential to success. As a result, the private sector is rethinking the way it attracts, fosters and maintains talent. Senior Industry leaders will hold a high level panel to discuss how NATO and Nations can benefit from Industry experience in securing what is a strategic asset – the competition for tech talent.
Defence Innovation Challenge
The NCI Agency is happy to announce the winners of the third annual Defence Innovation Challenge. Top finishers are invited to showcase their technology solutions at NITEC18! For further details, please read HERE. Video highlights of NITEC17 available here
We are pleased to highlight some of our already confirmed keynote speakers.